Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"Rejoice in the Lord always, again I will say, Rejoice." Phil 4:4




Dear Loved Ones,


Gosh I miss all of you! I love New Zealand, but I miss the States :) I pray that all of your holidays were blessed with peace, family, and fun!

My holidays here were wonderful. Kerstin (one of the two original missionaries) had her family over for Christmas, so we got to have a mom, a dad, and a brother for the holiday season. It was wonderful :) Then after Christmas, while all the schools were closed and youth ministry was on a holiday break, we travelled to the South Island of New Zealand. The country is beautiful down south, and weather its the beaches and wildlife on the east coast or the mountains on the west coast, it made me appreciate God's creation even more. He truly is a GREAT God! I've included a photo of our group, which was the five of us (Kerstin, Danielle, Alexander, Daniel and myself). I have also included a photo of the youth group from around Christmas time.

Things here are hectic, but blessed. After our missionary holiday to the South Island over things got quickly back to business! We have been finalizing details with speakers, participants, schools, priests, chaperones, and buses! There are so many details! The website is finished and wonderful (thank you, Josh!) and you should all check it out at www.catholicyouth.co.nz ! This week and next we are traveling to schools, and some churches around the diocese, again to speak about the conference. The lists of things to do never seem to shorten, but its all good work and the love of Jesus keeps us going!

We also took a group to a "full on" 10 day retreat for young adults...all of the practicing young adults from the country go, there were about 190 of them there. 17 were from St. Thomas More! It was a truly blessed time!


On top of that youth group starts back up in 4 days! It will be great to be working with the kids again. They are truly a great group of young people:) I just love them so much. Please keep us all in your prayers. Your prayers are truly the gas that keep our energy and sanity tanks full!

I miss you all so much. Only 2 more months - its crazy! Know of my prayers for all of you. It is going to be a sweet homecoming :)


Love in Christ,
Krista